An oasis of beauty and quiet in the heart of the Sacramento area… Seem impossible? Read on….
Built on what was once the historic JF Cross Farm, Crosswoods occupies 91 acres of meandering wooded trails and rambling Arcade Creek. The community is conveniently located for enjoying everything the city of Citrus Heights has to offer. Surrounded by thousands of trees and native vegetation, its significant set back from Auburn Boulevard, provides Crosswoods residents a quiet and tranquil environment.
There are 451 homes within Crosswoods’ 91 acres – a combination of one and two-story cluster townhomes. All units have two, three or four bedrooms, multiple bathrooms with many different floor plan variations. The development was started in the early 1970’s and completed in the mid 1980’s.
The homes in Crosswoods are situated in spacious cul-de-sacs that branch off the main access loop – City maintained Crosswoods Circle. The single road philosophy with the absence of cross-streets, eliminates traffic in the living areas and encourages contact and camaraderie among neighbors. Every home has a large deck and many also have a brick fenced patio somewhere in the plan. All homes have access to common, naturally wooded or landscaped areas which are controlled and maintained by the homeowners association. There is also guest parking on each street and a storage lot just outside the residential area for recreational vehicles.
Crosswoods is an all-age, pet friendly community that is a paradise for walkers, joggers and bike riders. In addition to the sidewalks along Crosswoods Circle, Crosswoods has miles of internal pathways which remain well-lit at night. If you are more contemplative than active, there are lots of benches where you can just sit and watch our resident wild turkeys amble by. For the swimmers, there are three pools, and the park next door has public pickleball and tennis courts, a tot lot and a public library.
It is easy to see why Crosswoods has been dubbed the “Jewel of Citrus Heights.”
Check out the Crosswoods “About Us” slideshow by clicking the picture below.
- Crosswoods was built in several phases, the first phase began in the early l970’s and the last phase was finished in the mid 1980’s.
- There are various models/floor plans ranging from 1,105 to 1,879 square feet. There are multiple two-story townhome models and one-story models. All units are either two, three or four bedroom with multiple baths.
- Crosswoods annual operating budget is approximately $2.7 million. Currently the monthly assessment is $503 ($464 dues + $39 insurance assessment).
- HOA fees cover maintenance of the grounds, paths and pools plus exterior siding, paint, roofs, decks and balconies and Comcast basic cable channels.
- Crosswoods is bordered on two sides by Stock Ranch Nature Preserve, a wildlife reserve with miles of trails and plenty of flora and fauna to enjoy. The Preserve also acts as a sound buffer for Crosswoods.
- Crosswoods and Stock Ranch Preserve are paradise for bird watchers. Falcon, hawks, eagles, quail, owl, pheasant and many, many varieties of smaller birds are frequently seen.
- Other wildlife in the area include squirrels, possum, skunk, deer and coyote.
- Within walking distance is Christ the King Passionist Retreat Center that has a huge ZEN Garden open to the public during the day.
- It is approximately 1.3 miles around Crosswoods Circle. About 2,157 loops = walking to NYC!
Submit questions, comments or feedback about the Crosswoods website.